Status: Permanent, Full Time – Alameda California
Reports to: Vice-President, Global Operations
The Planner/Buyer is responsible for coordinating material planning, contract manufacturing, purchasing, and production scheduling functions to ensure on-time delivery of finished products. Experience working in an electronic assembly environment is an asset.
- Initiates the timely and cost-effective purchase of materials and services to comply with quality and delivery standards
- Ensures compliance with purchasing policies and procedures and promotes good purchasing behavior.
- Troubleshoots discrepancies of purchase orders, requisitions, supplier deliveries, prices, and quality.
- Manage product manufacturing locations and accounts for efficiency and performance
- Works with Fishbowl to monitor contract manufacturing and on hands-on orders
- Monitor and report Contract Manufacturing production plan attainment
- Creates and maintains reporting requirements and maintains reporting between Contract Manufacturers and Contract and Design.
- Daily interface with engineering, production, vendors, and contract manufacturers for open orders
- Uses Fishbowl MRP system to review, manage, and control inventory
- Prepares and issues reports to keep internal customers informed of critical trends or issues
- Builds positive supplier relationships and works to resolve issues to minimize or avoid negative impact to production
- Compares and verifies purchase orders against forecasted raw material, components, and related requirements to ensure adequate supplies are ordered for production
- Resolves finished goods invoice discrepancies
- Examines trends related to discrepancies in order quantity, price, and late deliveries to evaluate supplier performance
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to upper management
- Manages the phase-in of new products to minimize obsolete material inventory
- Monitors supply chain management standard operating procedures. Recommends changes and improvements to procedures
- Supervises procurement activities and maintains priorities to expedite, including the availability of raw material, receipt of materials, the release and movement of products to production
- Validates and maintains scheduling and planning parameters, i.e. lead times, lot sizes, etc.)
- Demand Planning for forecast development internally and externally (suppliers and customers)
- Coordinate STO processes to maintain on-time and complete metrics
- Reviews monthly Supply SOP process and identifies raw material supply risks
- Able to evaluate data and create meaningful metrics reports
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field. MS degree is a plus. Work experience instead of a degree may be considered
- 3+ years of production planning or Supply Chain experience
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Strong understanding of the principles of material planning requirements and inventory
- Skilled in automated purchasing/MRP systems within ERP, specifically SAP, Fishbowl etc.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, proficient with Word and PowerPoint
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly both orally and in writing
- Sense of initiative, energy, and enthusiasm
- Team player who can step in and help drive strategy
- Embraces PACED (Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneur, Diversity) core values.
Email us at email@example.com. Send Email