Join our Team!
Status: Permanent, Full Time – St-Laurent, Quebec
Reports to: Service Manager
The After-Sales Service Specialist is an essential member of the Powerside After-Sales-Service team. The chosen individual will help to define as well as provide exceptional customer service focused on after-sales service inspection as well as assist the Production team with in-house control testing.
- Perform onsite start-up and commissioning
- Able to determine root cause problems, analyze, and troubleshoot
- Perform tests and assist in electrical equipment checkout and start-ups
- Assist in the implementation of customers power quality meters and analysis of the data
- General assembly and disassembly of electromechanical equipment using hand tools
- Ability to use oscilloscopes, variable power supplies, digital multi-meters, power analyzers, etc.
- Work with Engineering, Project Managers and Operations to recommend changes to improve operations, test quality, assembly fixtures, tooling, and processes
- DEP in Electromechanics
- 2+ years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of CSA, UL and CE Standards and Provincial, National and International Codes
- Knowledge of low and medium voltage capacitor banks, harmonic filters, switchgears, their design and operation
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering and electrical parts
- Experience with computer-based inventory systems and management system
- Must be able to read drawings and work with plans and layouts
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Acrobat including AutoCAD
- Fluency in English and French; written and spoken
- Valid passport and driver’s license, able to travel across North America
- Shop floor environment; exposure to computers, dust, noise, low and medium voltages
- Site work environment; exposure to live voltage, construction site hazards including dust and noise. Must be able to comply with customer site requirements
- The employee is required to sit, stand walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous and analytical with the ability to problem-solve
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly both orally and in writing
- Sense of initiative, energy, and enthusiasm
- Team player who can step in and help drive strategy
- Embraces PACED (Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneur, Diversity) core values