As an integral part of our manufacturing and customer support teams in Montreal, the individual will assist the production team by performing in-house product performance and quality testing on low and medium voltage power conditioning products, with occasional field activities in Canada and the US.
- Perform manufacturing tests and quality inspection protocols.
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Perform tests and assist in electrical equipment checkout and start-ups
- Assist in the implementation of power quality meters with a customer and assist in the analysis of the collected data
- General assembly and disassembly of electromechanical equipment using hand tools
- Able to use oscilloscopes, variable power supplies, digital multi-meters, power analyzers, etc.
- Work with engineers, project managers, and operations to provide feedback and recommend changes to improve operation or quality of the test, assembly fixtures, tooling, and processes.
- DEP electro-mechanical certification and two years of experience
- Working knowledge of CSA, UL, CE Standards and Provincial, National and International Codes
- Experience with capacitor banks, harmonic filters, switchgear, etc. is an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical components and general mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of computerized inventory systems
- Principles and practices of record-keeping
- Intermediate computer skills; Microsoft Office, Acrobat, and AutoCAD
- Good communication skills; verbal and written
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Valid passport and drivers license
- Shop floor environment; exposure to computers, dust, noise, low and medium voltages
- Site work environment; exposure to live voltage, construction site hazards including dust and noise. Must be able to comply with customer site requirements
- The employee is required to sit, stand walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous and analytical with the ability to problem-solve
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly both orally and in writing
- Sense of initiative, energy, and enthusiasm
- Team player who can step in and help drive strategy
- Embraces PACED (Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneur, Diversity) core values
Access to equal employment opportunities
Powerside has an equal opportunity employment program and invites women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities to apply. Please let us know if you have any disabilities that would require special accommodations tailored to your situation should you be invited to an assessment process. Please be assured that we will treat this information confidentially.