Position: Business Development Manager, Power/Electricity Quality (DER, Grid, etc.)
Status: Remote, Full Time – based out of Alameda, CA
Report to: Vice President of Sales
As the Business Development Manager, you’ll be key to championing solution-based business development opportunities for some of our largest and most important customers & partners in North American region. This means we’ll depend on you to use your creativity and expertise to transform ambiguous and often complex opportunities into significant deals.
In this role, you’ll also support the growth of the business by providing technical sales support for customers and the regional sales force, including pre and post client interaction throughout the sales process. If you enjoy challenging projects, using new technologies to reach strategic business goals, and leveraging your entrepreneurial spirit, then this is the role for you!
The role you will play:
- Participate in the entire sales process – initial discovery, project review, design submission, component installation
- Work with customers to present a technical perspective on the company’s sales offering.
- Collaborate with the global sales team to assist with DER focused sales in their region
- Provide alternative solutions as required to meet unique end user, component, or installation criteria
- Assist with development of customer presentation tools and coordination of end-user site visits
- Develop sales and marketing strategies for key vertical market segments
- Provide company representation in industry forums, conferences, and related events
- Interface with internal departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of solution delivery to individual end users
- Develop and implement product and application training programs for Sales organization
Job skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal communications, and documentation skills
- Ability to maintain focus and business acumen under sometimes stressful sales/business negotiations
- Engineering university degree & experience (electrical preferred, or application engineer)
- Must be able to communicate technological solutions and product knowledge not only to technical but to business users as well
- Understanding of the Sales Cycle and where the Sales Engineering Team is responsible
- Knowledge of Cloud, SaaS Solutions
- Must excel in competitive situations
- Previous experience in sale of Power Quality Meters (preferable)
- Experience in Power/Electricity Quality (DER, Grid, etc.) industry.
- Knowledge in network communications
- Based in North America
- Proficient in English (Written and spoken)
- Excellent Healthcare, Dental and Vision plans
- 401k match
- Opportunity for growth
Please apply to [email protected] with a resume and a cover letter.