Power System Analysis
Insights to Better Quality Power — in Just Two WeeksRequest Analysis
Some power quality problems are noticeable on site. Others might show up on your utility bill. But when these problems occur, pinpointing the source of the issue can be a serious challenge.
With a Power System Analysis from Powerside, we can help you diagnose the root cause of power quality issues — helping you take corrective action before your systems are seriously impacted.
Here’s How It Works
We Make Power Analysis Easy with a Simple Three-Step Process
Easily plug in our portable PQube® 3 to your power system
Let the analyzer monitor your power quality for two weeks
We’ll send you a comprehensive report on your facility’s power — including tailored recommendations to address your specific issues
- Challenge: A manufacturer’s utility bills significantly increased when the local utility switched to kVAR billing.
- Solution: Based on our analysis, we helped the customer implement a 500kVar detuned PowerVar automatic capacitor and harmonic filter bank with 50kVar step resolution to maintain an average power factor of 0.9957.
- Impact: ROI achieved in less than nine months with a $4K a month reduced utility spend.
- Challenge: A welding company’s high harmonics and dynamic loads caused frequent capacitor bank failure and poor power factor.
- Solution: Installed 900kVar thyristor switched detuned PowerVar. Each stage switched over 10,000 times a day.
- Impact: Harmonics decreased by nearly 5%.