Position: Regional Sales Manager, Large Projects, Central + Southwest USA
Status: Remote, Full Time – based out of Alameda, CA
Report to: Vice President of Sales/General Manager
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company with a tenured Executive team. You will be building a strong network of reps and distributors with your deep expertise of the Power corrections business.
The role you will play:
- Direct/manage the sales efforts into industrial and electrical utility accounts as well as via manufacturer’s representatives and distribution partners operating within the assigned territory.
- Prospect for new business, conduct sales calls, and actively grow the territory. Initiate and follow up on technical requests and communicate the results.
- Focus on customer retention by providing necessary support, training, and assistance in the bid preparation to improve overall customer satisfaction and business results.
- Manage sales planning, forecasting, development, and performance of the sales territory.
- Represent the company at trade shows, conferences, and customer events.
- Contribute to product development by capturing customer needs and defining the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of experience in sales/applications of electrical equipment such as capacitor banks, harmonic filters, switchgear, motor control centers, variable speed drives, etc.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective leader and team player with ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers and internal team members.
- Experience managing large projects with engineering firms and EPC’s.
- History of effective negotiating skills based on product/services value rather than price-based selling is required.
- Must be self-motivated/disciplined and able to work independently and with a dedication to customer service.
- Passion for driving results through revenue and customer success.
Qualities: We seek someone who
- Thrives in an evolving and growing environment.
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Sees the big picture, but also has attention to detail.
- Has a sense of initiative, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Comfortable with ambiguity & can formulate & develop channel initiatives.
- Excellent Healthcare, Dental and Vision plans
- 401k match
- Opportunity for growth